Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kaitlyn's Baptism Day

Kaitlyn was baptized in Saturday May 2, 2009. She was so excited the night before she kept calling it "Baptism Eve". Before her baptism she was so happy she had a permament smile on her face. Her Grandma and Grandpa Carter flew in from California the Day before and we went out to lunch with them and did a little shopping for last minute things we needed to pick up. Her Grandma and Grandpa Skinner came in from Saint George Friday night so they were in town for the 9:00am Baptism. Both Grandmother were willing to help out with talks. Grandma Skinner gave the baptism talk and Grandma Carter did the Holy Ghost talk. Both did excellent jobs and we are so grateful that they were willing to do them. Both Grandfathers were witnesses at her baptism. When I went into help Kaitlyn change, She said, "I did it" It was then that she let me know she was a little nervous but was excited to finally be a member of the church. Kaitlyn's Aunt Kami gave the opening prayer Thank you Kami. Her Primary teachers are a cute little couple named the Johnsons (Jen and Troy) Jen helped out with leading the music and Troy was willing to say the closing prayer. Although, we took pictures that morning I forgot to bring out the camera later. The room was full of people who helped out THANK YOU All FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID.I am sure there is someone that I am forgetting to mention. We love you all Thanks for the support

2 comments:

Bonny said...

I'm glad we got to go. Kaitlyn is so sweet to Carlyn, who in turn adores Kaitlyn. You have been such a good friend to me too! She was just adorable and I loved the story your mom told about you (or was it your sister) and the keys.

kcskinner said...

Bonny it was about me I leaned on the side of a frying pan when I was around two and the burn was so bad my mom made a doctors appointment to have it checked out. Growing up we never went to the doctors so it must have scared her bad. I still have the scar on my left arm although it has faded a little.
Thanks for coming That card Carlyn wrote was so cute