Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kaitlyn's Scriptures


Kaitlyn's birthday is next month and because it is her 8th birthday. I thought it would be fun to get her a nice set of scripture with her name on them. When we got them home after having them engraved, my husband realized that my idea did not match what he thought I was going to buy (think seminary scriptures) So we are still debating in our house if we save them for later or let an 8 year old have them with the understanding that she takes real good care of them. She loves them. I let her pick out the color and everything.
What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

I say give them to her! I remember getting "nice" scriptures when I got baptized. I can't believe Kaitlyn is turning 8! So exciting:)

Bonny said...

I've never had a "nice" set, but I had seminary scriptures. I would let her have them but like you said, tell her to take care of them. Morgan is such a goof. :)

Karyn said...

If the girl wants scriptures, give 'em to her. Just make sure she keeps them away from Morgan. :)

By the way at Costco about a month ago they had their Easter dresses out and they had a beautiful modest white one. I got one for Kennedy's baptism dress. They were only $15.99 Ryan asked me if we had to get it then, I was like yes this is Costco, they won't have her size next time. Sure enough a week later they were out of size 8. So you might want to check out yours if you don't have a dress for her yet. When is her baptism?

kcskinner said...

Karyn I saw the dress and it was pretty. Just out of curiousity if you already had the dress why did you look for her size the next week?
Kaitlyn should be baptized on May 2nd

Karyn said...

Come on Kel, I had to prove to Ryan that I was right and that the dress would NOT be there just as I said. :)

Krissy said...

Oh yeah, If the girl is excited about scriptures let her have them. Especially now that she has a cute bag to put them in.